One of the major reasons that any customer should conduct an initial storage assessment or audit is to establish a starting position or “baseline “. This baseline information is then used as a reference against which improvements in performance over time can be measured.
A Datarch File System Assessment service can provide you with your own unique, automated “data profile”.
Customers who have used this service have discovered;
- 30-40% of static data is archive-able content (for files 1 year or older)
- 50%+ of static data is archive-able content (for files 181 days or older)
- Data growth rates between 60 and 300% year on year
- 5-10% of data consist of duplicate files
File Audits Datarch provides in depth reporting and a recommended course of action for your current and future storage needs focusing on the following areas :
- Static systems
- Systems with new storage creation
- Least modified systems
- Systems with large duplicate files
- Top Volumes by Percentage used
- Most modified systems
- Most accessed systems
- Top Systems by Total Space Used
In addition to file system reporting Data also provide E-mail analysis which can accurately predict load reductions on Exchange servers based on the deployment of E-mail archive solutions. The charts on the right show the real overhead reduction on the exchange server of a large financial institution.